One of the major challenges that hospitals face today is effectively utilizing their medical equipment and high value assets. Despite spending a major portion of operational cost on the medical equipment, hospitals struggle to make the optimum use of it, majorly due to non-availability of these assets at the time of need.
It can be challenging to track the real time location of high-end medical equipment as hospitals are spread across hundreds of square meters. The hospital administration often fails to achieve optimum utilization of these equipment, creating service problems which can be fatal during medical emergencies. That’s when BLE RTLS asset tracking comes to the rescue.
BLE Asset Tracking
BLE is basically Low Energy Bluetooth which has found numerous industrial applications in the last few years, including hospital RTLS asset tracking. The BLE asset tracking system uses the proprietary beacon tags to locate medical assets within the premises, track their movement in real time and generate alerts in case any medical equipment is not detected for a specified time. This can help hospitals in dramatically improving their asset utilization without disrupting any existing operations.
Here’s how BLE RTLS asset tracking can help hospitals to improving their operations and enhancing patient experience while reducing service costs.
- Operational Efficiency: The main advantage of an effective asset management system is that it helps in significantly improving the overall operational efficiency of each department, as there is no more wastage of productive time in finding the required medical equipment
- Real-time Location of Assets: With BLE asset tracking, administrators can track and locate the precise location of any asset at any given point of time. Finding a piece of equipment during any medical emergency is quite important and with effective asset tracking, you can make sure that all required medical equipment is recorded at any given point of time.
- Movement Tracking: Using BLE asset tracking will also give you details as how the medical equipment is moving around the hospital. This can help you determine the usage of medical equipment by any particular department.
- Better Time Utilization: Once your staff has real-time visibility of medical equipment, it helps them save their productive time and focus on their actual tasks rather than wasting time in finding an asset or chasing support staff to find one.
- Automated Alerts: A BLE-based hospital RTLS asset tracking system is also capable of generating automated alerts in case any medical equipment is lying untouched in an unsupervised area or if medical equipment has spent more than designated time in any department.
Below are some of the ways where BLE-asset tracking system can help hospitals save a lot in terms of cost, improve operations and save a lot of productive time of many stakeholders. Though there are alternatives to BLE technology when it comes to asset tracking, BLE offers many advantages when compared to other available technologies.
Easy to Implement and Management
BLE asset management systems require Beacon tags which are attached to every asset. Then, BLE receivers get placed at strategic locations within the premises to record the location and movement of every asset. Beacon tags are easy to implement and basically do not require any physical contact with the receivers.
Beacon based asset tracking is quite effective as compared to other available solutions such as RFID, NFC, etc. as Beacons are relatively cheap, easy to manage and re-usable.
A BLE based Beacon tag can offer accurate tracking of less than a meter when it comes to detection which is hard to achieve in case of other technologies. This makes BLE asset tracking system more effective with better accuracy.
One other added advantage that Beacon technology provides is that once you have set up Beacons and Receivers in your premises, the same set up can be used to track staff, employees and even help you in porter tracking system.
Dex’s BLE RTLS asset tracking system is helping hospitals and healthcare set ups in effectively monitoring and tracking their assets, helping them reduce their wait times and improve their operations. Less wait time in finding medical assets means better time utilization of nursing staff and a better experience for the patients.
Connect with us to know more about our BLE asset tracking system for hospitals.