Safety and security of employees within a power plant is one of the most important aspects in operations of a power plant and is necessary to ensure proper functioning and operational efficiency of the plant. Such locations usually have areas where physical monitoring is not possible due to accessibility or other reasons and are prone to accidents and miss happenings if not monitored properly.
Power plants especially hydropower plants pose a different sort of challenge when it comes to employee tracking and monitoring as these premises are built within a mountain or hill and may stretch to multiple floors within the mountain. Traditional tracking technologies like GPS are not effective in this case as they work in conjunction with satellite signals which are very weak or not at all in such cases.
The only effective solution for tracking workforce within indoor premises such as a power plant or even large manufacturing units is with technologies like BLE, UWB, RFID or LoRaWAN. Though each have their advantages and disadvantages but one of these can best fit in solving these cases based on business requirements.
And it’s not just workforce that such business need to track or monitor, there are other issues can be solved with these indoor tracking systems which can include
- Tracking of Visitors within premises
- Tracking and monitoring assets within premises
- Monitoring time spent by employees in specific areas
Dex’s BLE and LoraWAN based workforce indoor tracking system has been developed to help businesses like power plants to solve these operational challenges. A typical set up will include the following
- BLE Tags: All employees, visitors and even asset can be issued a BLE tag or card which they can wear easily.
- LoRaWAN BLE Gateway: These gateways work as receivers and will fetch the real time location of employees and update on server for monitoring. Gateway placement is based on zones or locations where you need to track your employees or assets and accuracy you need.
- Dashboard: System comes with a real time monitoring dashboard available as web as well as mobile version for administrators and supervisors to track and monitor their employees and get alerts in case of any discrepancies.
Better Safety and Security
An efficient indoor tracking solution for workforce can help businesses ensure better safety and security of their employees and their premises along with getting detailed insights on their operations. Here are some of the benefits which businesses can easily get using and effective employee indoor tracking system
Monitor: Real time location monitoring of employees, visitors and even assets with an accuracy of within a meter, allowing better safety of employees and premises
Track: Real time movement tracking of employees, allowing you to monitor their productivity and efficiency when in premises
Time Spent: Monitor time spend by employees within premises on productive as well as unproductive locations, helping you bring operational efficiency
Alerts: Real time alerts can be generated in case an employee or visitor ventures into an area where they are allowed to go or even if they spend more than required time in any specific area.
In a nutshell, indoor tracking technologies like BLE and LoRaWAN can help businesses in significantly improving their safety and security with real time data and dashboard which makes analysing this data easy.
Contact Dex in case you need to know more or want to discuss any business case that you may have.